seems I broke the FE of V7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100110] seems I broke the FE of V7
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 06:15:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hello UG:

I was using my XP based V7 system just fine until an hour ago or so.
Now all notebooks are unformatted. When I give a simple string "2+2",
then Ctrl-Enter does not evaluate it. The interface and the menus look
OK, but then I noticed that Format>>Style shows no styles, only a menu
separator and then "Other".

I can guess that no cells are input cells, so they cannot be
evaluated. But how could I have blown all my styles away.

The only "suspicious" thing that happened is that I downloaded a
Demostrations source package (about Planck's constant I think). It
evaluated and ran OK. I used help and ran some simple evals after the
Demonstration.

Any helpful thoughts? Maybe I have to go to 7.0.1 now.

TIA.

Regards..

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory