Re: Mathematica for Behavioral Research?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100217] Re: Mathematica for Behavioral Research?
  • From: "Solomon, Joshua" <J.A.Solomon at city.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 06:49:29 -0400 (EDT)

With Andrew B. Watson, I developed a suite of packages for Mathematica.
I still use these packages in my research, but there are some caveats.
The package for stimulus control is Cinematica. I have used version 3.3
almost daily since 1999 and it is extremely robust. However, it only works
with Mathematica v4. No upgrade is likely.
Independent of Cinematica is Quest. This package controls adaptive
psychometric staircases. You can download version 7.0 from the website
http://vision.arc.nasa.gov/mathematica/psychophysica/
or, if you like, I can send you 7.4, which has a few minor improvements.
These versions have been optimised for Mathematica v5. The work perfectly
with Mathematica v4, but have reduced functionality in Mathematica v6 and v7.
Finally, there is Psychophysica, which is independent of Cinematica and Quest.
It has a bunch of useful stuff relating to psychometric functions. The
website has version 3.1, which works with Mathematica v4 and v5, but I
can send you Psychophysica v3.1.12, which works Mathematica v4, v5, v6 and v7.