How to make Autorunsequencing 'run' over a RadioButton Control?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103738] How to make Autorunsequencing 'run' over a RadioButton Control?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 05:36:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have a Manipulate[] which includes RadioButton and sliders.

When I do the Autorun on the Manipulate, it runs over all the slides ok, but
it does not 'click' on each radio button as I would have expected (to set
the RadioButton on/off).

Here is a small example to illustrate:

Manipulate[
  Which[doX == True, Text[x],
             doY == True, Text[y]],
  Grid[{
  {RadioButton[Dynamic[{doX, doY}], {True, False}], Control[{x, 0, 1}]},
  {RadioButton[Dynamic[{doX, doY}], {False, True}], Control[{y, 0, 1}]}}
  ],
  Initialization :> (doX = True; doY = False)]

If you run the above, then run AutoRun on it (from the menu), you'll see
that only the slides are being changed, and not the buttons.

Is there a way to fix this? And why is this so? A RadioButton is a Control?
I wanted to use Control[... RadioButton[...]]  but Control[] does not take
RadioButton[], that is why I have Control[] used for the slider only.

Thank you,
--Nasser

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4478 (20091003) __________

http://www.eset.com