Re: LogLogPlot and AxesOrigin at {0,0}

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103908] Re: LogLogPlot and AxesOrigin at {0,0}
  • From: pfalloon <pfalloon at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 06:36:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Oct 7, 10:03 pm, Benjamin Hell <h... at exoneon.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using LogLogPlot and I would like to have the the axes of the plot
> crossing at {0,0}. This is just for viewing purposes and I'm aware of
> the fact, that Log[0] = -infinity, so there won't be any Point to Plot
> at {0,y} or {x,0}.
> The problem now is, that I can't specifiy AxesOrigin at the point {0,0},
> which would correspond to {-infinity,-infinity}. Any suggestions on how
> to do that?
>
> Thanks in advance

You probably need to re-think this a bit: as you say, the point {0,0}
on a log scale is the equivalent of {-Infinity,-Infinity} on a linear
scale, so what you are asking for makes as much sense as asking "how
do i include the point {-Infinity,-Infinity} in my linear plot?". i.e.
it can't be done (not on a finite screen anyway)!

Cheers,
Peter.