Streaming Real-Time Stock Quotes in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104000] Streaming Real-Time Stock Quotes in Mathematica
  • From: "Stewart Bodzin" <Stewart.Bodzin at usa.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:16:28 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone successfully used YaHoo real-time streaming quotes (a premium
subscriber service) within a Mathematica model?  I have built some financial
models that use quote data from excel spreadsheets, but would like to access
streaming quotes.  One idea is to access an excel spreadsheet that already
receives streaming updates but I don't know how to link Mathematica to an
open and running spreadsheet instead of the static spreadsheet file.  If
anyone has experience in this area,  some help would be immensely
appreciated.

Thanks,

Stewart G. Bodzin

Pleasant Hill, California