Re: How to get data from solvin' numerically differential equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104158] Re: How to get data from solvin' numerically differential equation?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 06:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/20/09 at 4:52 AM, shalm89 at gmail.com wrote:

>Hi, Mathematica solves numerically differential equation and makes
>interpolation. I can plot this interpolating function. Can I save
>all the points in a file or somehow get this data?

Yes. Look up NDSolve in the Documentation Center. The first
example shows how to plot the resulting interpolating function.

As for the plotted points, it is possible to get the points Plot
uses to construct the plot. But these points are selected using
an internal algorithm and are not likely to be the points most
useful to you. You can generate a list of points using Table.
=46or example,

Table[{x,y[x]}, {x, 30}]

will return a list of x,y pairs evaluated from 1 to 30 in steps
of 1 when y is the returned interpolating function.