Re: Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104212] Re: Mathematica7 doesn't copy/paste metafile in vector format
  • From: Lawrence Teo <lawrenceteo at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:37:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion.
While it is possible to export to bitmap with high enough resolution,
is there any other way for us to specify how we would want Mathematica
7 handle Metafile in vector or raster? After all, that is the main
reason we have the two options of Copy As > Metafile and Copy As >
Bitmap at the same time, I thought?

I have Mathematica 7 and Mathematica 5.2 on Windows Vista. I have to
revert back to Mathematica 5.2 when it comes to vector metafile.
What I can't fully understand is, why on the same Windows Vista,
Mathematica 5.2 doesn't have the problem of inability of supporting
high fidelity vector representation, as Mathematica 7 faces?

Thanks

Yours faithfully,
Lawrence