Best Graphing Calculator for Symbolic Algebra and Calculus?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103314] Best Graphing Calculator for Symbolic Algebra and Calculus?
  • From: stpatryck <stpatryck at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:24:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering what calculator would be the best thing to have when I
don't have access to Mathematica.  I'm looking at the HP 50g and
TI-89.  I tend to like the HP 50g because it can be used in RPN
(reverse polish notation) or algebraic entry mode.  Also, it has an SD
card slot so memory can be expanded.

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please e-mail me directly at stpatryck "at" gmail.com.

Thanks,
StPatryck