error bars with logarithmic axes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103313] error bars with logarithmic axes
  • From: "Solomon, Joshua" <J.A.Solomon at city.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:24:00 -0400 (EDT)

what is the easiest way these days (i.e. w/ v 7) to have error bars and
logarithmic axes?

to make my question more concrete, let's pretend I wanted to plot the
following two data points: {1,1} and {10,10}, with vertical error bars for
the second value in each pair. For the 1, the error bar should extend from
0.5 to 2 and for the 2, the error bar should extend from 5 to 20.

clearly, these data would look better with a logarithmic ordinate. what's
the best way to do that in v7?