Capturing the output(s) from a Manipulate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103389] Capturing the output(s) from a Manipulate?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:27:50 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose I have a Manipulate[ ] that creates one or more plots, tables,
whatever other output.  I exercise it though various values of the
controls until I understand how these outputs change, and then decide
that I want to capture and "freeze" into the notebook the outputs for
three specific sets of these control values,  call them cv1, cv2, cv3.

[After which I may even delete the Manipulate command.]

What's the recommended process for doing this for each of those three
selected outputs, as I generate them, so that they'll survive any future
Cell >> Delete All Output menu commands?

Some kind of Copy/paste?  Some kind of style change for the Output cells
as they're generated?

[Might be nice to have a built-in "Save this output" button in the basic
Manipulate interface that would do just that when clicked?]