Re: Re: Capturing the output(s) from a Manipulate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103447] Re: [mg103419] Re: Capturing the output(s) from a Manipulate?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure what you mean by "permanent": with electronic documents,
little if anything is permanent (alas).

Suggestions:

(0) Select the output cell(s).

(1) From the Cell menu select Cell Properties and then

   - make sure Evaluatable is unchecked

(2) Open the Format > Option Inspector.  Make sure "Show option values"
is set for Selection, go to the

   Cell Options > General Properties

section. There change the setting for Deletable to:

   Deletable False

and click Apply.

(3) Either just above that setting in the Options Inspector, likewise
change the setting for Editable to:

   Editable False

(Or close the Option Inspector, go back to menu Cell > Cell Properties
and uncheck Editable there.

Caution: Do NOT make the cell non-editable before you try to make it
Deletable -- it won't work!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305