Is it possible to create a single csv file one row at a time using

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103532] Is it possible to create a single csv file one row at a time using
  • From: "Phineas Q. Butterfats" <phineas.q.butterfats at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:30:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

I'm running an algorithm that outputs a list of numbers each time it
runs.  I need to collect this data so I can analyze it in Mathematica,
but I have to run my algorithm about 14 million times.  So far I've
been creating tables with 100,000 rows (one for each run of the
algorithm) and then exporting them to csv files.  My question is:  can
I create a csv file one row at a time?  Is there a way to use Export
(or something else) so that the file isn't overwritten each time I run
my algorithm, but instead builds a single csv file row by row?  It's
less taxing on my system if I can create the csv file "on the fly," as
opposed to creating such big tables first, and then exporting them.
Of course, I could just have 14 million csv files, each with one row,
but I'd prefer to group them 100,000 at a time to begin with.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you so much!