Re: White Noise in Simulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103603] Re: White Noise in Simulation
  • From: "gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com" <gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

Slip,

I don't have an answer for this, but I do have a problem with the
foundations of the question. You're asking for a representation of
white noise, continuous in time, but white noise is inherently
continuous in frequency too. Then, you propose to solve the de with
NDSolve, which often reduces to a step-wise solution. It just doesn't
hang together for me.

Your problem statement has the strong scent of frequency domain in the
first place.

Advice is often worth what you pay for it.

Fred Klingener