ListVectorPlot Mathematica 7 VectorFieldPlots`ListVectorFieldPlot Mathemiatca 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg103635] ListVectorPlot Mathematica 7 VectorFieldPlots`ListVectorFieldPlot Mathemiatca 6
  • From: roby <roby.nowak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:04:50 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I am trying to use:

ListVectorPlot[{{{x1, y1}, {vx1, vy1}}, ...}] (* Mathematica 7.0 *)
with basepoint : {x1,y1} for the vector: {vx1, vy1}

I would like to have the same behaviour as with the old
VectorFieldPlots` Package function

ListVectorFieldPlot[{{{x1, y1}, {vx1, vy1}}, ...}] (* Mathematica 6.0 *)

in particular I would like to have:

I. only those vectors should be plotted wich are contained in the
data, at exactly the specifyed positions as in the data, no
interpolation of vectors please. Ok I managed this cumbersome with the
VectorPoints Option.

II. the vector tails should exactly be placed at the specifyed
basepoints, Ok managed this with the undocumented Setting "LeftArrow"
for the documented Option VectorStyle.
VectorStyle->"LeftArrow".

III. I need the old options: ScaleFunction -> None and ScaleFactor ->
None in order to get the vector length's original such that the scale
for the vector ist the same as for the base points. This means that if
two neighbouring basepoints are seperated by a distance g, than a
vector of length g should exactly reach from one basepoint to the
next.

any hints especially for III.

thanks Robert