Re: Locator appearance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109197] Re: Locator appearance
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 05:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

Am 15.04.2010 05:37, schrieb Alexei Boulbitch:
> Dear community,
>
> I use Locator to pick up some points of the graph originated form
> experiment. In this case I would like to slightly modify the Locator
> appearance, since the gray ring on its background sometimes prevents me
> from seeing the point I want to pick up. I would like to leave its cross
> structure as it is at present, but to remove the gray ring. As an
> alternative, the inned (and may be, the outer) diameter of the gray ring
> could be increased.
>
> Do you have any idea of how to do this?

>From the usage message:

Locator[{x,y},obj] displays obj as the locator object.

you can use an graphics as a locator, but I don't think that you can
just change the appearance (except for the overall size) as you have asked.

Graphics[{Locator[Dynamic[x],
   Graphics[{Line[{{{-1, 0}, {1, 0}}, {{0, -1}, {0, 1}}}]},
    ImageSize -> 15]]},
 Frame -> True, PlotRange -> 1
 ]

hth,