Re: Locator appearance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109181] Re: Locator appearance
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 05:50:12 -0400 (EDT)

You could use the DrawingTools crosshairs to select and copy points off a
graph.

If you want to write your own dynamic presentation, you could create your
own locator by writing a Graphics statement as the second argument to the
Locator statement. With your copy of Presentations you could use the
CirclePointLocator statement to create a better looking and smaller locator.
It is contained in the PlaneGeometry section and there is also a
step-by-step tutorial on constructing custom dynamic presentations. You
could display the underlying graphics and then have a point locator that
simultaneously displayed computed values from its location.

The WRI militaristic gun-sight locator isn't the best looking and the cross
hairs don't seem to be perfectly centered anyway, so I would do away with
them but in any case you can always define your own locator. One other point
is that the ImageSize of the locator graphic determines the cursor "capture
area" for the locator.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Alexei Boulbitch [mailto:Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu]

Dear community,

I use Locator to pick up some points of the graph originated form
experiment. In this case I would like to slightly modify the Locator
appearance, since the gray ring on its background sometimes prevents me
from seeing the point I want to pick up. I would like to leave its cross
structure as it is at present, but to remove the gray ring. As an
alternative, the inned (and may be, the outer) diameter of the gray ring
could be increased.

Do you have any idea of how to do this?

Best regards, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any
review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform
us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank
you for your co-operation.