Re: Creating a hybrid cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109179] Re: Creating a hybrid cell
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 05:49:50 -0400 (EDT)

I cannot get this to work: I created two new Input cells:

   Dynamic[x]
   x = 5

Then I created a Text cell:

   the value is  as you can see

and into it, between "is " and " as" pasted the Dynamic[x] expression
copied from the first of the two Input cells -- even using Ctrl-( to
create explicitly an Inline cell there.

Still, selecting that pasted expression and using the menu item
Evaluation > Evaluate in place seems to do nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, if somehow this can be made to work, would the value of Dynamic[x]
in the Inline cell then automatically update when the value of x
changes?  (My understanding of Dynamic tells me it should.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305