How to make make a Dynamic variable to become an ordinary one

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109335] How to make make a Dynamic variable to become an ordinary one
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Community,

I have an interactive program, where I am using a Dynamic variable. In
some point I would like to transform this variable to an ordinary one
(e.g. I would like that the variable does not change dynamically any
more). Such an operation can easily be done by Menu/Evaluation/Convert
dynamic to literal. I would like however, to do the same
programmatically (say, upon pressing a Button).  What command does the job?

Best, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.