Re: How export/recompile expressions and calculation code to run

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111426] Re: How export/recompile expressions and calculation code to run
  • From: Andrey <andrey.siver at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 04:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

On 31 =D0=B8=D1=8E=D0=BB, 10:42, Albert Retey <a... at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > We have some Mathematica program (with Mathematica-based GUI) and we
> > need to sell it to customers.
> > We would like to make our program independent of Mathematica (on
> > running time).
>
> if you have everything including a GUI ready, isn't the Player Pro a
> reasonable alternative? You would just have to create an encoded package
> from your code and it would cost something around 300$ per license (you
> should talk to WRI for details).

On initial stage even $300 is too much, as I can see.

> > I see two opportunities:
> > 1) We can Export all key mathematical expressions from mathematica to
> > java classes and then use some java numerical libraries to carry out
> > the calculations (+ GUI on java).
> > 2) We can Export all key mathematical expressions from mathematica to
> > some free and powerful package for numerical calculations: like Scilab
> > and R. And then write a program to carry out the calculations (+GUI).
>
> > Any suggestions?
>
> It really depends a lot on what functionality that Mathematica provides
> you are using in your code. What kind of numerical routines do you use
> (NSolve,FindRoot,NDSolve,NMinimize,Fourier...)?

The key numerical function is NMinimize. I found powerful lib Ipopt
http://www.coin-or.org/Ipopt/ with java interface. There are some
difficulties now with it for large target functions but I hope to
solve them.

>Do you use any symbolic
> methods? Do you use any of the visualization functionality, if so which?

No. At final step there are many (limited number) numerical
calculations.

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

-Andrey