Re: A new graphic user interface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111729] Re: A new graphic user interface
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 04:49:33 -0400 (EDT)

The main issues, from my point of view are simply to ensure:

(1) if Mathematica crashes, you only lose the past so-many minutes work; and

(2) you can readily retrieve earlier versions of a notebook;

(3) and take care of all this directly from within Mathematica.

Of course one uses other backup tools to back up whole folders,
partitions, or drives.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305