Re: Syntax coloring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111885] Re: Syntax coloring
  • From: "J. Batista" <jbatista800 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:20:45 -0400 (EDT)

 Themis, I tried analyzing the behavior noted from the code you provided and
 found similar results.  The semicolon does change appearance from black to
 magenta upon adding the comment.  The addition of whitespace directly after
 the comment, by simply pressing the spacebar, also returns the appearance of
 the semicolon in question to black (in addition to your previously stated
 method of removing and retyping the final semicolon).  I have observed this
 while running Mathematica 7.0.1 within a Windows environment.

 However, looking at the same case using Mathematica 5.2 within Windows
 yields different results.  The addition of the comment does not result in
 the semicolon's color changing.  This may indicate the emergence of a bug
 somewhere between versions 5.2 and 7.

 Regards,
 J. Batista