Re: Formatting - bold characters as variables?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111944] Re: Formatting - bold characters as variables?
  • From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:07:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ryan,

You could try something like

bf /: MakeBoxes[bf[i_String], fmt_] :=
 InterpretationBox[StyleBox[i, Bold], bf[i]]

Then bf["a"] will return a bold "a".
If you select bf["a"] and press Ctrl-Shift-N for normal form, then it
will display as the bold "a".
The inverse is to press Ctrl-Shift-I for input form.

I'm using this type of thing for quite a few of my calculations at the
moment, where I have spinor[__] objects etc...
I originally stole this from Rolf Mertig's http://www.feyncalc.org/FeynCalcBook/

Simon