Re: palette shows as unsaved if I move it

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112081] Re: palette shows as unsaved if I move it
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 02:50:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Murray,
Position the palette where you want to have it, let Mathematica save it,
close Mathematica and find the palette in the file system. Change the
properties of the palette file to "Read-only". The neither you nor
Mathematica will destroy the palette by mistake.

This topic has been up before, as you might remember. You can read from the
Help (from the ? button in the palette):
"If you want to reposition the opening position of the palette, change the
properties of the file SetFaceAndFont2.nb from read-only. Open Mathematica,
reposition the palette and close Mathematica again, without using the
GetFontOptions or PaintFontOptions buttons. Change the properties of the
file SetFaceAndFont2.nb back to read-only again."

I have moved my Mathematica page to http://www.familydahl.se/mathematica,
and from there the palette can be downloaded. I hope to be able to update it
soon.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl