Re: How to assume that a function is positive?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114329] Re: How to assume that a function is positive?
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 02:11:44 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
How about (f[x + y]^2)^(1/2)//PowerExpand Kevin On 11/30/2010 4:04 AM, Sam Takoy wrote: > Hi, > > Who do I let Mathematica know that a function f is positive for all > arguments? For example, how do I make the following work (I think my > intention is clear): > > Assuming[f[x]> 0, (f[x + y]^2)^(1/2) // Simplify] > > Many thanks in advance, > > Sam > >