Re: Re: Re: Re: What does

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107211] Re: [mg107165] Re: [mg107126] Re: [mg107071] Re: [mg107050] What does
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 03:25:25 -0500 (EST)

In System Preferences> Keyboard Shortcuts, I can customize many commands
to respond to specific keystrokes. I recall changing some of these
according to advice from Deke McClelland's book "Photoshop CS4 Channels &
Masks".

I do NOT see a way to change all F keys at once, in any fashion... and I
do NOT see an assignment for F1 anywhere.

Hence, I can only surmise that my Advantage Kinesis keyboard is
responsible for the (laudable) outcome that F1 is Help on my machine.

Just as you don't see 'fn' keys, I don't see a "function key row". (Nor
have I had need of it, nor seen any application that referred to it.)

> lot, then it makes sense to set the system preference. (That panel will
> give instructions on how to temporarily invert the sense of the keys.)

I see no such instructions.

Are we both using Snow Leopard?

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com