tilde or subscript in variable name?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107823] [mg107823] tilde or subscript in variable name?
  • From: Volleyball <tvd-volleyball at gmx.de>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:15:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I want to write a package and have some public variables name like
what would be in TeX

\tilde{m}
xyz_{w}

Is this allow in Mathematica and how could I realize it? If I use the
tilde or subscript notation in an Array declaration, I get the
following:

... Subscript[j0, min]::usage is not of the form symbol::name or
symbol::name::language.

Alex