LogicalExpand for De Morgan's laws takes long t

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107805] [mg107805] LogicalExpand for De Morgan's laws takes long t
  • From: Eirik Larsen Følstad <eirik.folstad at q2s.ntnu.no>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 03:11:53 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm using Mathematica 6.0 on a Mac (2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB
memory)  with Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

I have a relatively long boolean expression that I will apply the DeMorgan's law, i.e LogicalExpand[! expr]. This takes some minutes.

Is there any possible solutions to "speed up" the computation?
Do you know if the Mathematica 7 will speed up this computation by usage
of the 64 bit possibility within Snow Leopard?

Best regards,
Eirik Larsen F=F8lstad