Re: Re: Financial Data - Currencies

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106142] Re: [mg106086] Re: Financial Data - Currencies
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 05:08:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

The Import/connection

euData1 = Import["http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/hist/
  dat00_eu.txt", "Data"]

fails to work in my computer and returns $Failed plus the following message:

**FetchURL::conopen: The connection to URL
http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/hist/
dat00_eu.txt cannot be opened. If the URL is correct, you might need
to configure your firewall program, or you might need to set a proxy
in the Internet Connectivity tab of the Preferences dialog (or by
calling SetInternetProxy).**

My SetInternetProxy setting in the *preferences* tab is: *Use Proxy settings
from my system or browser*

However, the direct connection via browser works fine, so it should work
inside the Mathematica expression too, I think. And I do not see any
semicolon after the URL, as you warn, in the MathGroup post.

E. Martin-Serrano