The location of documentation center file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106315] The location of documentation center file
  • From: northernsilence <northernsilence at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 04:15:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi, <mathgroup at smc.vnet.net>

I am using Mathematica 7 in Mac OS X. I tried to open the Documentation
Center under Help menu, but got the error message " The file you tried to
open could not be found". Using file search, I found Mathematica.nb file
somewhere else and if I double click it, actually it opens the Documentation
Center. So I think this is the file to load Documentation Center. But with
some mysterious reason I don't understand, the file is placed in a weird
folder and the Documentation Center Menu under Help does not find the file.
So I think I have to move the Mathematica.nb file to the right folder.
So where should the Mathematica.nb file be located?

Thanks in advance!

Jim Liu
northernsilence at gmail.com