ODE Stiff Systems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106360] ODE Stiff Systems
  • From: "MacDonald, Calum (MAT)" <C.A.MacDonald at gcal.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 03:30:41 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to solve an ODE numerically using NDSolve but get a message

" step size is effectively zero; singularity or stiff system suspected."

Can anyone please suggest an otion I can use along with 'Method' to attempt to overcome the problem?

I have tried Method -> "ExplicitRungeKutta" and it doesn't work.  What other options are available?

Thanks for any help.

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009
http://www.gcal.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,6219,en.html