NMaximize: Method selection impossible

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106536] NMaximize: Method selection impossible
  • From: mamba <krunoslav.ivesic at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:22:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I have a function to optimize and I'm using Maximize and NMaximize to
find the fastest method. Both functions work, but NMaximize doesn't
allow method selection. When I select any of four documented methods,
I get an error saying that constraints are not valid. The constraints
that are cousing the problem are domain specifications of type Xij
element of {0,1}. When I set the Method argument to Automatic,
everything works fine. Any ideas why I can't select the method?
Thanks!

Krunoslav Ivesic