Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106503] Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?
  • From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:15:51 -0500 (EST)

Thank you for asking this question; I was wondering exactly the same
thing yesterday.  It is fairly common in physics papers to have a
complex expression and a statement like "and in the short wavelength
limit (a k << 1)", then a simpler expression in which higher powers of
a k are dropped.  I think I saw another posting asking this question
in a different way on this group just a few days ago.

I don't have an answer, I am just piling on my support for this as a
built in function.

Daniel