Discrete event simulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106599] Discrete event simulation
  • From: Lobotomy <labbman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 02:33:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello
I am about to do a simulation of a production system. It is a factory
producing garments. I want to build a discrete model of a series of
operations connected that eventually ends up in a finished garment.
This will be done primarily by inputting time and deviations for each
operation.

I want to analyse throughput, lead times, cycle times, efficiency,
OEE, difference between push and pull systems etc. Can mathematica be
used to do this? If so can you recommend any book, site or tutorial to
get started?

I know that there are specific software for production simulation, but
I cant afford to buy it and since I have mathematica perhaps it could
be used?

/Tommy