MatrixPlot: range of colors and plot legend?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106847] MatrixPlot: range of colors and plot legend?
  • From: dantimatter <google at dantimatter.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:46:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

I'm having a little bit of trouble with MatrixPlot:

1)  It looks to me like the default color set goes from a pale, sandy
orange to a dark orange.  Well, it would be more correct to say that
my wife told me that the default color set goes from a pale, sandy
orange to a dark orange, since I'm essentially color blind.  Is there
a color set that goes from white to black through all the shades of
grey?  And would I need to scale the numbers appropriately?  They're
currently running from approximately 0 to 1.

2)  Is there a command or an option that would give me a legend?

Cheers,
Dan