Re: Re: Re: Function and object

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106812] Re: [mg106765] Re: [mg106755] Re: [mg106701] Function and object
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:39:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi Kurt,

If shadowing really becomes a problem for you, there are a couple of tools
available to make your life easier.

There is a package Unshadow` written by Ulrich Jentschura,
and also AntiShadow by David Wagner. Both can be found in  and downloaded
from Wolfram Library Archive - AntiShadow not in .m file but inside a pdf
article of Wagner - which is by the way an excellent read by itself. I also
wrote a couple of packages devoted to package development, such as
PackageManipulations` and PackageSymbolsDependencies`, which can be
downloaded from my website <http://www.mathprogramming-intro.org/>
(additional resources section). In particular, PackageManipulations`
contains a function PackageReload which has an option to reload a given
package resolving all shadowing problems in its favor (removing all
conflicting definitions present in other packages).

There may be also other tools that I am not aware of, of course.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Leonid