Re: ElementData[] Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106640] Re: [mg106883] ElementData[] Problems
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:41:05 -0500 (EST)

It is built-in.

ElementData[#, "Abbreviation"] & /@ ElementData[]

{H,He,Li,Be,B,C,N,O,F,Ne,Na,Mg,Al,Si,P,S,Cl,Ar,K,Ca,Sc,Ti,V,Cr,Mn,Fe,Co,Ni,Cu,Zn,Ga,Ge,As,Se,Br,Kr,Rb,Sr,Y,Zr,Nb,Mo,Tc,Ru,Rh,Pd,Ag,Cd,In,Sn,Sb,Te,I,Xe,Cs,Ba,La,Ce,Pr,Nd,Pm,Sm,Eu,Gd,Tb,Dy,Ho,Er,Tm,Yb,Lu,Hf,Ta,W,Re,Os,Ir,Pt,Au,Hg,Tl,Pb,Bi,Po,At,Rn,Fr,Ra,Ac,Th,Pa,U,Np,Pu,Am,Cm,Bk,Cf,Es,Fm,Md,No,Lr,Rf,Db,Sg,Bh,Hs,Mt,Ds,Rg,Uub,Uut,Uuq,Uup,Uuh,Uus,Uuo}

Are you behind a firewall?

Bob Hanlon

---- Sean McConnell <smcconne at physi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

Hi, whenever I try to use ElementData[], Mathematica keeps returning
$Failed.

Do I need to load a particular package before using it like I would with
<<PhysicalConstants` ?

Thanks for the help!

Sean.