Re: can SendMail use HTML and embedded images

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106923] Re: can SendMail use HTML and embedded images
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 02:45:11 -0500 (EST)

On 1/27/10 at 1:41 AM, denis.cousineau at umontreal.ca (denis cousineau)
wrote:

>I would like to restart this thread: Being able to send HTML emails
>with SendMail would be very appreciated.

>With an option such as HTMLFormat->True, it would then be possible
>to change the style of the text sent (e.g. using Style["your text to
>send",Bold, FontFamily->"Arial"...].

Is this really needed? Does using a different font or font style
truly add information to your message?

>Does anyone knows whether something like this is possible?  It is of
>course always possible to attach a document (whether in HTML or even
>better in PDF), but you would be asthonished by the proportion of
>people who cannot open an attached document!

If your goal is to make your message easily readable by all,
have you considered there is a number of users who use email
clients that do not render HTML? And what happens when your
carefully chosen font is not installed on the receiving machine?

Your only hope of having your message readable by all is to use
plain text, not HTML mail