NDSolve - how to bypass safety chceck?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111291] NDSolve - how to bypass safety chceck?
  • From: "slawek" <slawek at host.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:39:03 -0400 (EDT)

I have got an DDE/ODE equation: for parameter d < 0.8 the solutions are
non-chaotic, for d > 0.9 the solutions are chaotic.

Mathematica NDSolve works fine for d < 0.8 .

The problem is NDSolve has got a kind of "safety chceck" - for d > 0.9 it
gives a warning "Maximum number of  ... steps reached at the point" - and
gives no solution. I want to bypass the checking - and turn NDSolve to a
dumb routine which gives any noise solution just to show that the solution
is noisy, chaotic and so on.

Obviously, it would be possible to use any programing language to implement
an naive integration scheme. But I would like use an option in NDSolve, to
avoid the change of the environment.

Any suggestions, please?

slawek