Re: Substiuting variables within an integral

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111335] Re: Substiuting variables within an integral
  • From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:53:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ed,

You can try working with the integrand and limits with out the
integral.  Something like
f[x] Dt[x] && x0<x<x1
Then using replacement rules should just work.
The total derivative Dt[] assumes that everything is a variable, so if
you have any other parameters floating around you have to give them
the attribute Constant.

You can then get mathematica to check the form of the integrand - if
it matches what you want, then integrate.

Simon