Linking my fortran subroutines with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111250] Linking my fortran subroutines with Mathematica
  • From: emamm <emammendes at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:58:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

I am new to Mathematica. Although I have searched the web for answers
on how to link fortran to Mathematica without buying MathCode F90, I
have not found good examples on how to link Fortran to Mathematica.

All my fortran functions were modified to accept a C-wrapper.  I did
that to link them to another system. I have no problem to create mex files on
either Windows or Linux using gcc,gfortran or g95 (all free
compilers!). My fortran functions work exactly as m-file on the other system
with lots of input and output arguments -  The input arguments
determine the size of the output arguments via malloc on C.

I believe that there is something similar to a mex file for
Mathematica but the documentation on Wolfram's site does not give me
much information.

Would someone out there have a nice, neat example (not too simple,
please - addrow from Wolfram's site is way too simple!) on how to link
fortran to Mathematica?

Many thanks

Ed

PS. MathCode F90 seems to do what I want but for a a price (and what a
price!).