Re: Re: Manipulate with variable number of controls

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107970] Re: [mg107930] Re: [mg107768] Manipulate with variable number of controls
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:27:51 -0500 (EST)

You shouldn't get the idea that WRI frowns on nested Manipulates.  Nesting
Manipulates is a very powerful technique, and Mathematica fully supports it.

The Demonstrations project, however, has certain constraints above and beyond
concerns about what works well in Mathematica.  The Demonstrations editors seek
to offer a certain uniformity in experience, and a smooth ride through our
automated system for creating web-based previews.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group