Re: Reverse the scale in Mathematica plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108681] Re: Reverse the scale in Mathematica plot
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 05:10:20 -0500 (EST)

Michael,

With the Presentations package this is fairly easy.

1) We draw the regular points with ListDraw and then reflect them in the two
axes using ReflectionMatrixOp.
2) We specify CustomTicks, which are placed at the negatives of the plotted
positions.
3) It would be easy to add other curves and primitives to the graphic. You
just draw one thing after another.

Needs["Presentations`Master`"]

xticks = CustomTicks[-# &, {0, 25, 5, 5}];
yticks = CustomTicks[-# &, {0, 100, 20, 4}];
Draw2D[
 {ListDraw[Prime[Range[25]]] // ReflectionMatrixOp[{0, 1}] //
   ReflectionMatrixOp[{1, 0}]},
 AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio,
 Axes -> True,
 Ticks -> {xticks, yticks}]

The Presentations package is available through my web site and cost $50. It
contains many other features for making custom graphics and dynamic
presentations and writing notebooks in a classical style.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Michael [mailto:zanzibarlector at googlemail.com]

Dear experts,

How can I control the plot (reverse or mirror) so that my axes origin
wil be not at the bottom left but on the top right.
Example: This Plot ListPlot[Prime[Range[25]]] is going from bottom
left to top right. How can I change the plot so that it would go from
top right to bottom left (Axis Oridin 0,0 is at top right).

Thank,

Michael