Re: Genetic Algorithm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109753] Re: Genetic Algorithm
  • From: Joe Hays <hays.joe at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:58:28 -0400 (EDT)

I'm no expert of GAs but Mathematica's NMinimize function includes
Differential Evolution as one of its method options. I believe DEs are of
the same evolutionary family as GAs. You might find that it will serve you
just as well. I can't make any claims as to which is better or worse, but I
do know that DEs are available for you to consider.

Joe