ProgressIndicator inside DynamicModule

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109824] ProgressIndicator inside DynamicModule
  • From: Zachar István <replicatorzed at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:03:15 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

dealing with dynamic functions is very frustrating: every now and then
a problem appears, which is totally against my previous experience and
knowledge, and I am simply not able to resolve it. Here is a new one,
any help would be welcome.

Why does ProgressIndicator won't work inside DynamicModule, where
1. it works without enclosing the Grid in DynamicModule,
2. the 'sw' switch is correctly displayed (but not 'pr').
??

DynamicModule[
 {pr = 0, range = {0, 100}, sw = False},
 Grid@{{
    Button["Push me",
     (sw = True;
      Do[pr = i; Pause[.02];, {i, range[[1]], range[[2]]}];
      sw = False;), Method -> "Queued"],
    Dynamic@ProgressIndicator[Dynamic@pr, range],
    Dynamic@pr,
    Dynamic@Switch[sw, True, "Calculating...", False, "Finished.", _,