Re: Latex, Mathematica, and journals
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109811] Re: Latex, Mathematica, and journals
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <hstp6f$mbs$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote: > On 18 May 2010, at 15:01, AES wrote: > > >> > >> [However}, there seems to have been no further > >> development of Textures in the last few years, ... > > > > Textures, sadly, appears to be dead. > > > Both of these assertions are not true (or at least not unquestionably so): > > http://www.bluesky.com/news/220b.html > > Andrzej Kozlowski Maybe (hopefully) not true; I did say "seems to be . . . ".. But note the dates of the beta (only) versions mentioned on that page: 2.2.0b Copyright 2008 2.2.0b5 25 Dec 2007 2.2.0b12 10 Sept 09 And the page itself -- quite crudely done -- has hardly changed in all that time. Not an encouraging pace of development, for something that's going to have to be a very sophisticated piece of software to be successful. I monitored the page monthly for quite a while; eventually gave up on looking at it maybe a year ago.