Symbolize[] and re-evaluation of the notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113551] Symbolize[] and re-evaluation of the notebook
  • From: Crni Gorac <cgorac at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 05:01:55 -0500 (EST)

Am trying to utilize Notation package for improved readability when
writing notebook on a particular problem; basically, my notebook
starts with:
Notation`AutoLoadNotationPalette = False;Needs["Notation`"];
and then I have some Symbolize[] calls, for couple symbols consisting
of a letter and then another letter in a subscript.  So these get
interpreted as symbols, and my notebook works great, at least until I
re-evaluate it - then I receive "Symbolize::bsymbexs:" error message
for each of my Symbolize[] calls.  So, my question is: how to avoid
this?  I tried to put RemoveSymbolize[] before each Symbolize[] call,
but to no avail.  The whole Notation package documentation is rather
sparse (as another example: how to specify several symbols at once for
Symbolize[]?), so I was not able to find any clue there...

Thanks.