Re: Graphics: How to get values corresponding to Automatic?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113632] Re: Graphics: How to get values corresponding to Automatic?
  • From: "Alexey Popkov" <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 05:12:53 -0500 (EST)

"Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
news:iatt08$ef8$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> AbsoluteCurrentValue[g, ImageSize] works for me, but I'm at loss as to
> why AbsoluteOptions doesn't work.

It seems that AbsoluteCurrentValue[g, ImageSize] does not works correctly
even in this case. Consider:
In[1]:= g = Plot[Sin[y], {y, 0, 6 Pi}]
g // ImageDimensions
AbsoluteCurrentValue[g, ImageSize]
Out[1]= -=Graphics=-
Out[2]= {360, 216}
Out[3]= {350, 350}

It is easy to see that 'g' is not a square. However AbsoluteCurrentValue
returns ImageSize equal to {350, 350}. ImageDimensions works more correctly
in this case.

And more:

In[16]:= g1 = Plot[Sin[y], {y, 0, 6 Pi}, ImageSize -> {360, 216}];
g1 // ImageDimensions
AbsoluteCurrentValue[g1, ImageSize]
ImageSize /. FullOptions[g1]
Out[17]= {360, 216}
Out[18]= {350, 350}
Out[19]= {360., 216.}

In this case FullOptions gives right value but not AbsoluteCurrentValue.