Re: help: how to fit a list of data in two dimensions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113705] Re: help: how to fit a list of data in two dimensions
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 05:38:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

try FindFit. You should of coarse, have a guess of an explicit form of the function
f(time, kc,kr). Basing on your question it is impossible to tell you more.

Have fun, Alexei

Hello everyone and thanks for your help.
I have the following problem, I have ten lists of
numbers:p1,p2,p3.......
p1={{41., 4.27541}, {41., 4.27576}, {41., 4.27518}, {41.,
4.27506},.......}
p2=.........etc

the lists of numbers are data where the first term is time and second
a concentration: {time,concentration}
now I have a function where the concentration is a function of the
time and 2 other parameters: c=f(kr, kc, time).

How to fit the lists of data  {time,c} with c=f(time, kc,kr) by
finding the couple {kr,kc} for each list?
In other words I'd like to find 10 couples of {kr,kc} fitting the
equation c=f(time, kc,kr)

Thanks again all of you.

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 CONTERN
Luxembourg

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

www.iee.lu

--

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended