How To Successfully Read Notebooks in Mathematica 7?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113880] How To Successfully Read Notebooks in Mathematica 7?
  • From: "Andrew J Fortune" <andrewfortune at bigpond.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 05:27:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Let me say up front, I am a newbie to Mathematica.

I downloaded an article ("Taylor Series") from Mathworld in Notebook format.
When I opened it up in Mathematica, it was nothing like how it was presented
in Mathworld.

I noticed that there was a "version advisory" at the top of the document.
There was also a "Scan for possible issues" button, which I pressed, but did
not seem to make much of a difference. I also noticed that the downloaded
file states that there are a number of packages that I need to download in
order to evaluate this notebook - so, I downloaded these also.

Once I downloaded these *.m files, I did not know what to do with them. I
assume that I need to load these into a Mathematica session, but I couldn't
work out how to do this with multiple files.

The underlying issue that I am trying to resolve here is how to create a
highly-formatted math document with nicely labeled equations as seen on
Mathworld (i.e. no "In[1]:= , Out[1]:=", etc).

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew J Fortune,

Melbourne,