Re: Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113904] Re: Mathematica 8
  • From: Leonid Shifrin <lshifr at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:01:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Murray,

My understanding is that ATI cards support (or will support in the nearest
future) the
new OpenCL standard, which is very similar to CUDA but is open  source and
is
supported by all major graphics cards manufacturers, including NVidia.
OpenCL
has a direct support in Mathematica8 through the OpenClLink, similarly to
CUDA
support through CUDALink. This is a very new standard though, and it is less

mature than CUDA at the moment.

Regards,
Leonid